In the United Church, the Ministry of Church Camps is Celebrated the Last Sunday in April
The last Sunday of April is traditionally known as “Camping Sunday” in United Church of Canada communities of faith all across Canada! Camping is one of the biggest youth ministries in our denomination. Each summer thousands of children and youth come together to be in relationship in community, with Creation, and with Creator God at their United Church camp.
Camp is a place where young people are welcomed as they are, it is a place where they are encouraged to wonder and deepen into their connection to the environment and respect for creation. Camp is a place to be creative and engage in questions about our everyday lives and of the mystery of the Holy. Camp is a place where young leaders are nurtured and mentored in their leadership skills and abilities. We celebrate and give thanks for the ministry of outdoor camps.
- In the Yukon: ecumenical Camp Braeburn!
- On Gambier Island: Camp Fircom!
- In the Shuswap North Arm: congregational Camp Grafton!
- In the Kootenays: Camp Koolaree!
- On Vancouver Island: Camp Pringle!
- In the North Okanagan: Mackenzie Camp!
- Across BC: the traveling Regional day-camp Camp Spirit!
- In South-Eastern BC: Rock Lake Camp!