The Anglican Church of Canada is the oldest of our three partner denominations having formed the national body of the General Synod in 1893; although it did not name itself the Anglican Church of Canada until 1955. Its roots lie in the Church of England which had separated from the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th century. It is in full communion with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. The national pastoral leader and Chief Executive Officer of General Synod is known as The Primate. The Most Rev. Fred Hiltz became the Primate in 2007.
Organizationally, the North Thompson Ecumenical Shared Ministry is part of the Territory of the People, formerly known as the Anglican Parishes of the Central Interior. The bishop is The Right Rev. Barbara Andrews.
Canadian Anglicans respond to national and international emergencies, refugees, development, and justice issues through The Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund.
The Anglican Journal – the newspaper/magazine of the Anglican Church of Canada
Sorrento Centre – retreat and conference centre located in the Shuswap Valley
The Anglican Church of Canada’s Facebook Page