Our Parish includes two congregations or communities of faith: Trinity Shared Ministry in Clearwater and the Church of St Paul in Barriere. Both congregations are Ecumenical Shared Ministries relating to The United Church of Canada, The Anglican Church of Canada, and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada.
For information about our denominations, see the Denominational News page and the individual pages for each denomination found in the “About Us” menu under “Denominational News”. Current news, events, and work of the denominations are included in written reports that are found on the Denominational News page as well as in the posts appearing under “Latest News” at the bottom of this page.
Our in-person worship services are held at the following times and places.
Trinity Shared Ministry (Clearwater) worships at 9:00 am in St. James’ Catholic Church (324 Grant Rd, Clearwater, BC).
- The Church of St Paul (Barriere) worships at 11:00 am in the Church of St Paul, Barriere (4464 Barriere Town Rd., Barriere, BC).
Note that beginning April 7, 2024, service times will be changing. Church of St Paul will meet at 9:00 am. Trinity Shared Ministry will meet at 11:00 am.
Currently, mask wearing is optional. Those attending worship are still encouraged to be mindful of social distancing. Offerings are collected in a basket at the entrance to the church. We ask that people who are not feeling well to refrain from attending.
While we have in-person worship services, prerecorded video services will not be posted to our YouTube channel. Sufficient resources are not available to provide both in-person and on-line services.
Upcoming Meetings, Events, and Services
Saturday, March 2nd at 1:00 pm
World Day of Prayer Service
The service is at St Georges Roman Catholic Church in Barriere.
See this post for more information about the World Day of Prayer.
Tuesday, March 5th at 10:00 am
The Church of St Paul Board meets in the Activity Room at the Church of St Paul.
Tuesday, March 12th at 10:00 am
The Trinity Shared Ministry Board meets at Joanne’s.
A major outreach and stewardship programme is the St. Paul’s Thrift Shop. For information about it and The Annex Thrift Shop, go to this page.
Opportunities to Share Our Blessings
beyond Our Communities of Faith
The Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund is accepting donations to support the al-Ahli Arab Hospital in Gaza. See this post for information.
Canadian Lutheran World Relief is working with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada to provide relief for those affected by the conflict in the West Bank, Gaza, and Israel. See this post for information.
Donations are being accepted by The United Church of Canada to support the work of its Mission and Service partners in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. See this post for information.
New information on our pages:
- A link to a new article titled “I Am Because We Are” has been added to the United Church Honours Black History Month post.
- A link to the Rev. Bruce Chalmers’s reflection “Voice of a Songbird” found in the Midwinter 2024 issue of Chapel Chat: A Newsletter from the Church of St Paul has been posted in the list of reflections on the Minister page.
- A link to the February issue of the Territory of the People’s Monthly Bulletin is found on the Anglican Church of Canada page.
- A link to the Denominational News Report to the January 9, 2024 meeting of the Parish Council is now on the Denominational News page.
- The “Incumbent’s Report” from the 2023 Annual Report Book of the North Thompson Ecumenical Shared Ministry is available in the list of reflections on the Minister page.
- Our denominational and World Council of Churches prayer cycles, lectionary readings, and stewardship thoughts are updated each week on the This Week page.