Members from both Clearwater and Barriere
gathered at the Church of St Paul
on Sunday, February 27th
for the 2022 Parish Annual Meeting
This year’s meeting was a bit closer to the meetings of the past in comparison with last year’s. A bit more business was included and participation was not limited to just Parish Council and Congregational Board members. We also were able to enjoy a visual reminder of 2021 in a slide show filled with photos of the life and work of the Parish. Unfortunately, the potluck lunch that would have usually been held between the Church of St Paul worship service and the meeting did not happen. That meant there was also less opportunity for socializing, that important piece that helps build the Parish’s sense of community.
- the minutes of the 2021 Annual Meeting were read and adopted;
- the North Thompson Ecumenical Shared Ministry’s 2021 Annual Reports were reviewed and approved;
- the annual reports of the Church of St Paul and Trinity Shared Ministry were received for information;
- joys and concerns of the two congregations were shared;
- the membership of the Parish Council was affirmed based on the elections held at the two congregations’ annual meetings;
- the 2022 budget was approved; and
- the objectives for the denominational funds were made.
After a few announcements, thank-yous, and a prayer, the meeting adjourned.