~ published on The United Church of Canada’s website on March 10, 2023
We sing of God’s good news lived out…gifts shared for the good of all… (A Song of Faith)
It is with immense gratitude that we thank everyone who contributed to Mission & Service and the work of the church in 2022. All told, the people of the United Church gave $24.5 million, including Mission & Service givings totalling $21.1 million, bequests and other planned gifts totaling $1.8 million, and over $1.5 million for the people of Ukraine. Mission & Service givings include direct gifts, congregational giving, special gifts, and support from the United Church Women.
Together through Mission & Service we have
- supported and trained lay and ordered leaders
- strengthened communities of faith by contributing to programs that deepen the faith of lay leaders, youth, and young adults
- facilitated healing and reconciliation with the Indigenous Church through The Healing Fund and the Justice and Reconciliation Fund
- supported outreach ministries in Canada that offer shelter, food, companionship, and mental health supports
- supported the work of our global partners by delivering food, water, shelter, health, education, employment training, counselling, and human rights advocacy
We are so grateful for the overwhelming generosity of the people and friends of the United Church, particularly during a year of uncertainties and challenges. Our shared care, concern, prayers, generosity, and action in relation to the work we do together, our United Church Mission & Service, is a powerful expression of our faith. Thank you for your gifts.