When the Church of St Paul came into being in 2010, the Clearwater United Church congregation began its wondering of whether it, too, should become an ecumenical shared ministry. The wonderings became discussion, which led to the formation of a committee that reported in the fall of 2013. That led to a North Thompson Pastoral Charge committee that developed a draft agreement and congregational bylaws. After input from the congregations and the three denominations, an agreement and bylaws were approved by all.
In the late afternoon of September 24, 2015, when the North Thompson Ecumenical Shared Ministry Agreement was signed, Clearwater United Church ceased to exist, and its ministry and that of the Anglican and Lutheran traditions in the Clearwater area was entrusted to Trinity Shared Ministry, Clearwater.
On the first and third Sundays of the month, we usually celebrate communion and have a time of food and fellowship after the service.
You are welcome here!
The Mission Statement of Trinity Shared Ministry is:
Belonging to God ~ Working Together ~ Helping the World
Trinity Shared Ministry is involved in the community in a variety of ways:
- Worship and Hymn Sing at Forest View Extended Care Facility
- Providing a source for fair trade coffee
- Support of the Clearwater Food Bank
- Being involved with the local Refugee Sponsor Group
- Support to the Clearwater Hospice and the North Thompson Valley Hospice House Society
- Support to a variety of outreach organizations in Kamloops by providing them with personal hygiene items for their clients
- Support to First United Church, Vancouver
- Voices United Choir (Christmas Cantata) – a community choir sponsored by the United Church and a gift to the North Thompson Valley of the Christmas Story told in word and song! An amazing presentation every year!
The congregation updated its congregational goal in January 2017. The new goal is based on Micah 6: 8. We will endeavour to seek justice, do kindness, and walk humbly with God. We are challenging ourselves to think on this as we live our week and share our joys and concerns.